Computer Upgrade Guide
After using your computer for a long period, you may find that your computer is not fast enough or even freezes frequently. At this time, if you don’t have enough money to purchase a new one but want to improve computer performance, you can improve computer performance with some hardware upgrades.
Quick Navigation :
- Upgrade RAM to Add More Memory
- Upgrade HDD to SSD for Fast Running Speed
- Upgrade Graphics Card for Game Users
- Upgrade the Processor.
Upgrade RAM to Add More MemoryRAM is not expensive anymore. Adding more memory via upgrading RAM is the simplest and easiest PC upgrade you can make, which can provide instant performance improvements for almost all slow-running PCs, including many laptops if you want to upgrade laptop. Even if you are not a computer savvy, you can make it by yourself. For tasks that need to launch large applications, such as photo and video editing or games, the more RAM, the better. Generally, the more RAM you have installed, the more programs you can run at once. But considering its price and actual needs, you can choose a suitable RAM according to your needs.
How Much RAM Do You Need?
- 2 GB RAM is the minimum modern Windows systems need to run normally. If you just want to watch movies, listen to music, run small applications or do one thing at a time, 2GB RAM can handle it.
- 4 GB is fine for general use like light web browsing, streaming, and communication, allowing for 10 browser tabs, a little photo editing, and video streaming.
- 8 GB is good for serious multi-tasking, browsing with up to 30 tabs open, editing photos, and even some mid-range gaming. If you are running Windows 10, 8 GB is recommended.
- 16 GB is for PCs that are used for intensive workloads, video editing or gaming. It is deal for professional work and more demanding games.